“I have a few questions after the last two days at #Edchatnz and I think that lots of others will too. I want to keep the connections going and make more connections. So maybe a blogging meme will work.” Reid Walker
If you get included in the blogging meme: copy/paste the questions and instructions into your own blog then fill out your own answers. Share on Twitter tagging 5 friends.
1. How did you attend the #edchatNZ Conference? (Face 2 Face, followed online or didn’t)
I was lucky enough to attend myself, in person, and even luckier to be involved with the amazing steering committee.
2. How many others attended from your school or organisation?
Two: @ikanarat and @gjgwellington
3.How many #edchatNZ challenges did you complete?
Oops. Two. *Hangs head in shame*
4. Who are 3 people that you connected with and what did you learn from them?
- @mrs_hyde: that even if you are regarded as “Twitter royalty” that you still can face uphill battles inspiring change in your school.
- @mrsmoorenz: that not only is breaking down silos possible, but it’s even easy.
- @allscots: the phrase “cells and bells”.
5. What session are you gutted that you missed?
6. Who is one person that you would like to have taken to #edchatNZ and what key thing would they have learned?
Every one of the Heads of Department at my school to experience HPSS first hand, and to see the direction in which education should be headed.
7. Is there a person you didn’t get to meet/chat with (F2F/online) that you wished you had? Why?
Argh! So many! I would have loved more time to just sit and talk with whoever was around. I also wish I had had the time to see the 3D printers in action, and to check out Booktrack
8. What is the next book you are going to read and why?
9. What is one thing you plan to do to continue the Education Revolution you learnt about at #edchatNZ?
Keep fighting the good fight.
10. Will you take a risk and hand your students a blank canvas?
In Term 4 I want to run a Design Thinking unit with my Year 8s, so they will be given a very broad scope in which to operate. So, blank in a way, but with some constraints around the borders of the canvas…at the risk of mashing the metaphor…
Who will I tag with this meme:
Jess Radich @ikanarat (yes, this means you need to start a blog!)
Kylie Ayson @kylieayson
Mike Boon @boonman
Annemarie Hyde @mrs_hyde
Heather Eccles @heccles01