Today’s overarching theme was all about collaboration. So, in fitting style, we had co-presenters for our ‘big picture’ pedagogy session. I was really excited that a Technology and a Science teacher were happy to talk about one way they have been integrating technology into their lessons. Some of the real bonuses of this approach were:
- Highlighting that innovation and risk-taking is happening amongst staff
- The inquiry-based approach both teachers emphasised
- The encouragement to ‘give it a go’
- The resilience both staff members demonstrated: neither implementation went smoothly the first time, but the value is such that it warrants another attempt
- That teachers were from different subject disciplines
I really can’t thank those teachers enough who are not only prepared to try something new, perhaps out of their comfort zone, but were prepared to make their attempts public. I think this is awesome role-modelling and shows a real growth mindset. So proud!
Here is my presentation to wrap around the showcase: