Aha! The principal has approved my self-written job description! (Gotta love that opportunity.) So, in answer to all of you wondering what a ‘Future Learning Leader’ does, here you go:
Future Learning Leader
The Future Learning leader will inspire staff to develop a vibrant inquiry, blended learning ethos throughout the school. As Future Leader the appointee will closely liaise with: the Principal, the Director of Teaching and Learning Systems, HODs and ICT team.
The Future Leader will:
a) Lead and encourage the investigation of new pedagogies and their application in the curriculum.
b) Be an excellent communicator.
c) Be competent in the use of ICT.
d) Demonstrate a commitment to:
- developing and supporting the implementation of blended learning pedagogies across the range of learning areas.
- co-ordinating professional learning.
Key Position Tasks of Future Leader:
- Lead professional learning in staff meetings to develop FL pedagogies.
- Attend HOD meetings to promote FL and blended learning approaches and inquiry practices.
- Assist departments and individual staff with FL inquiry and skill-building.
- Model or promote best practice examples of FL pedagogies.
- Encourage and support the development of personal/professional learning communities.
- Contribute to online library of workshops and instructional videos.
- Work on other related and relevant tasks as negotiated.
*Rubs hands with glee* Can’t wait!